Books we are writing
pgRouting: A Practical Guide
Learn how to build applications with road routing and vehicle resource management considerations using pgRouting, PostGIS, and PostgreSQL.
On-site work rates will be negotiated on a case by case basis, but will generally fall in the $150-$200/hr range plus travel expenses.
To get established as a customer we require prepayment (only off-site / on-site requires negotiation) before beginning work of $150/hr for 4 hours or less, $120/hr for 5 - 9 hrs or $96/hr for 10 hrs or more. Once an established customer, you will be billed monthly at the below rates.
Rates listed below are for work done on our premises (off-site work).
Project-Based work is pre-billed 20% of the estimated cost before work can begin with a minimum 10-hour pre-payment requirement for new customers. Project work is any work deemed to require 10 or more hours worth of work.
$68 / hour
$88 / hour
- Manual Legacy Data Conversion and Scrubbing
- Basic QA Testing
$96 / hour
- ASP.NET (1.1+, 2.0, 4.0)
- Conversion from ASP (2.0 / 3.0) to ASP.NET or PHP
- Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, C#
- PHP 4+/5+, PHP Smarty, PHP ADODB
- JQuery with server-side PHP, ASP.NET, ASP
$120 / hour
- PostGIS and pgRouting spatial query and administration support / PostgreSQL Support and One-to-One and small group Mentoring and training
- PostgreSQL Installation and upgrade on windows and Linux
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS Spatial Database Engine (all versions) - Queries, Query optimization, Tuning, PL/PGSQL, SQL and PL/R Programming. Help with upgrade to newer versions of PostgreSQL.
($76/hr for work contributed back to PostGIS/PostgreSQL projects includes PostGIS windows stack builder work)
- Microsoft Access
- Office Visual Basic for Applications VBA (Word and Excel Automation)
- Microsoft Access Database to PostgreSQL Conversion
- MySQL to PostgreSQL Conversion
- SQL Server (2000/ 2005 / 2008) General Support / Installation / Upgrade)
- Relational Database Design and Analysis
- SQL Server Mentoring (2000 / 2005 / 2008)
- SQL Server to PostgreSQL Conversion
- SQL Server Index Tuning, Performance Troubleshooting and Query Optimization (7.0 / 2000 / 2005 / 2008)
- SQL Server Programming Transact SQL (T-SQL) and CLR
- Oracle to PostgreSQL Conversion
- DataDynamics Active Reports for .NET
- Internet Information Server Web server setup and administration (5 / 6 / 7 / 8)
- Legacy Data Conversion and Scrubbing Script Programming (Paragon developed applications)
- Database Connectivity (ADO.NET, ADO, DAO, ODBC)
- OO Design and Analysis
- OpenStreetMap mapping integration
- UMN Mapserver/PHP Mapscript/CGI Mapserver Mapping services
- Geocoding / Reverse Geocoding using PostGIS + TIGER (or other data)
$76/hr rate for enhancements contributed back to PostGIS project.
- Google Maps Mapping Integration and Geocoding API
1 This includes conversions from same database systems or different and conversion of stored procedures and functions. By non-Paragon, we mean applications that we did not develop.
Applications we develop we charge the lower rate ($96 / hr).
- Data migration from non-Paragon developed application data structure to another non-Paragon developed application data structure.1
- PostgreSQL to MySQL conversion
- PostgreSQL to SQL Server conversion
- SQL Server conversion to MySQL conversion
- SQL Server 6.5, 7.0, 2000 to SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 Conversion
- MySQL conversion to SQL Server conversion
- MS Access to MySQL conversion
- Microsoft Access to SQL Server Conversion
- MySQL Database Setup, Running, and Query Optimization (3+, 4, 5)
For GIS related tips and concepts, check out our Boston GIS tutorial site.
For PostgreSQL related tips and concepts, check out our Postgres OnLine Journal site.
Please contact us for rates for services not listed above. Minimum billing is 15 minutes.
We provide free estimates on planned projects or application enhancements. Just send us
a description of your project at and we will be happy to provide an estimate.
To minimize costs, we try to do most work remote.
We provide one-on-one mentoring, training and support at rates listed above for topics listed above. Expedited and emergency services are available at an extra cost. Group training costs are negotiated on a case by case basis but for onsite will fall in the $150-$250/hr range and dependent on number of people in group and hours required. The more hours the lower the rate. Training preparation will be billed at our off-site rate of $88-$96/hr.