Consulting work includes building custom applications for your organization or fixing and supporting your existing applications. It also includes technical support for the applications and training your staff on using the applications.
On-site work rates will be negotiated on a case by case basis, but will generally fall in the $152-$250/hr range plus travel expenses.
To get established as a customer we require prepayment (only off-site / on-site requires negotiation) before beginning work of $152/hr for less than 10 hrs and $108/hr for 10 hrs ($1080 total).
Once an established customer (a customer who has paid for 10 or more hours of work), you will be billed monthly at the below rates.
Rates listed below are for work done on our premises (off-site work).
Project-Based work is pre-billed 20% of the estimated cost before work can begin with a minimum 10-hour pre-payment requirement for new customers. Project work is any work deemed to require 10 or more hours worth of work.
$88 / hour
$100 / hour
- Manual Legacy Data Conversion and Scrubbing
- Basic QA Testing
$108 / hour
- ASP.NET (1.1+, 2.0, 4.0)
- Conversion from ASP (2.0 / 3.0) to ASP.NET or PHP
- Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, C#
- PHP 4+/5+/7+, PHP Smarty, PHP ADODB
- JQuery with server-side PHP, ASP.NET, ASP
$128 / hour
- PostgreSQL query tuning, auditing of existing queries, general support with various extensions
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS Installation and upgrade on windows, Linux, and FreeBSD
- PostGIS Spatial Database Engine (all versions) and pgRouting - Queries, Query optimization, Tuning, PL/PGSQL, SQL,PL/R, and PL/V8 Programming. Help with upgrade to newer versions of PostgreSQL.
($88/hr for work contributed back to PostGIS/PostgreSQL projects includes PostGIS windows stack builder work)
- Geocoding / Reverse Geocoding using PostGIS + TIGER (or other data)
$76/hr rate for enhancements contributed back to PostGIS project.
- Microsoft Access Database to PostgreSQL Conversion
- MySQL to PostgreSQL Conversion
- SQL Server (2000 - 2016) General Support / Installation / Upgrade)
- Relational Database Design and Analysis
- SQL Server Mentoring (2000 - 2016)
- SQL Server to PostgreSQL Conversion
- SQL Server Index Tuning, Performance Troubleshooting and Query Optimization (7.0 / 2000 / 2005 / 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016)
- SQL Server Programming Transact SQL (T-SQL) and CLR
- Oracle to PostgreSQL Conversion
- Microsoft Access
- DataDynamics Active Reports for .NET
- Internet Information Server Web server setup and administration (5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 10)
- Legacy Data Conversion and Scrubbing Script Programming (Paragon developed applications)
- Database Connectivity (ADO.NET, ADO, DAO, ODBC)
- OpenStreetMap mapping integration
- UMN Mapserver/PHP Mapscript/CGI Mapserver Mapping services
- Office Visual Basic for Applications VBA (Word and Excel Automation)
1 This includes conversions from same database systems or different and conversion of stored procedures and functions. By non-Paragon, we mean applications that we did not develop.
Applications we develop we charge the lower rate ($108 / hr).
- Data migration from non-Paragon developed application data structure to another non-Paragon developed application data structure.1
- PostgreSQL to MySQL conversion
- PostgreSQL to SQL Server conversion
- PostgreSQL upgrading
- SQL Server conversion to MySQL conversion
- SQL Server upgrading
- MySQL conversion to SQL Server conversion
- MS Access to MySQL conversion
- Microsoft Access to SQL Server Conversion
- MySQL Database Setup, Running, and Query Optimization
Please contact us for rates for services not listed above. Minimum billing is 15 minutes.
We provide free estimates on planned projects or application enhancements. Just send us
a description of your project at and we will be happy to provide an estimate.
To minimize costs, we try to do most work remote.
Expedited and emergency services are available at an extra cost.
One-on-one / small group training and mentoring
One-on-one training is done virtually (via e-mail or screen share) and is always pre-paid for.
The training can be split up in increments of 15 minutes if desired and will focus on your specific trouble-areas.
$152/hr for 4 hours or less with minimum billing of 1 hr, $620 for 5 hrs, $1080 for 10 hrs
Group training costs are negotiated on a case by case basis but for on-site will fall in the $152-$250/hr range and dependent on number of people in group and hours required. The more hours the lower the rate. Training preparation will be billed at our off-site rate of $108/hr.
Our specialities are the following
Check out our past presentations on PostGIS and PostgreSQL Past Conference Presentations and Trainings.
- PostgreSQL query optimization
- Relational Database Design
For GIS related tips and concepts, check out our Boston GIS tutorial site.
For PostgreSQL related tips and concepts, check out our Postgres OnLine Journal site.